Springhouse’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Prep, PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition is an intensive five-day course designed to prepare current and future project managers for alignment with and certification by Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI)®. This course prepares students to take either the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams. PMP-credentialed instructors introduce students to 49 project management processes, 10 knowledge areas, and five process groups that are defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition. Our Springhouse trainers use this updated resource, which was published in September 2017, to guide the curriculum and teach their students.
With the ever-changing environment of project management, project managers need to select the most appropriate solutions for their work to achieve their objectives. This Springhouse course includes an overview of Agile project management concepts in addition to the more traditional methods. Providing this comprehensive overview of management concepts is a value-add and crucial for today’s project manager.
Interactive group exercises during the Springhouse class help facilitate the retention of classroom-acquired knowledge. Following the course, students are challenged to take a practice exam to privately assess their post-instruction comprehension and identify where they require further study. A passing score of this sample exam is not necessary for the successful completion of the course.
The target student for this class is a project manager beginning to prepare for the PMP certification exam. It is also valuable to CAPM exam candidates who are just entering the field of project management or those who have had less experience overseeing projects.
UPON COMPLETION, STUDENTS WILL HAVE RECEIVED:
- An introduction to Agile project management terms and processes, and how adaptive approaches may be solutions to their project
- Education focused on the current PMBOK® Guide as part of their preparation to successfully pass either the PMP or CAPM exam
- An introduction to the methods and tools contained within the current PMBOK® Guide considered project management best practices
- Various tips and techniques beneficial to prepping and taking the exam(s)
- Opportunities to assess their readiness for the exam with module quizzes and a sample exam
EXAMS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Students will be prepared to take either the PMP or the CAPM credential exams.
- The completion of this course provides students with 35 contact hours (CPUs) of formal education as mandated by the training requirement for the PMP exam application.
- A copy of PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition
- Agile Practice Guide
- Head First PMP student workbook
- Access to:
- Springhouse supplemental materials
- More than 1,000 example exam questions
- Online exercises and training videos
- Flashcards and process training cards
PMI, PMP, CAPM, and PMBOK Guide are the registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.