The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 can take any presentation from average to extraordinary. Students taking the Basic PowerPoint course will open and run a presentation and switch between views. They’ll create a basic presentation and add content; arrange, insert, and delete slides; and apply templates and design themes. Then, they’ll learn how to create and edit shapes, insert and modify WordArt objects and pictures, and work with tables, charts, and diagrams. Finally, they’ll learn how to proof a presentation, create speaker notes, and present and share their presentations.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 can take any presentation from average to extraordinary. Students taking the Basic PowerPoint course will be instructed on the most efficient ways to create presentations, insert graphical objects, and prepare presentations for delivery.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Identify components of the PowerPoint interface, open and run a presentation, switch between views, and control the magnification level
- Create a basic presentation and add content, arrange, insert and delete slides, and apply templates and design themes
- Format text and lists, apply font styles, copy formatting, and control alignment and spacing of content on a slide
- Create and edit shapes, apply shape styles, duplicate and move shapes, resize, rotate and align shapes, and apply content to shapes
- Insert and modify WordArt objects, insert and edit pictures, arrange overlapping items and group items
- Create and modify tables, apply styles to tables, insert images into tables, create and modify charts, and use SmartArt to create diagrams
- Proof a presentation for errors; prepare and preview a presentation, hide slides; create speaker notes, use Presenter view, prepare a presentation for printing and print notes, handouts and the presentation outline
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse.
Courseware Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013 Basic MOS Edition
Lesson 1. Getting started
- The PowerPoint interface
Lesson 2. Creating presentations
- Creating a basic presentation
- Working with slides
- Templates and themes
Lesson 3. Editing slide content
- Formatting text and lists
- Editing efficiently
Lesson 4. Working with shapes
- Creating shapes
- Formatting shapes
- Applying content to shapes
Lesson 5. Graphics
Lesson 6. Tables and charts
Lesson 7. Preparing and printing presentations
- Proofing presentations
- Preparing a presentation
- Printing presentations
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now