The duration of this course is 1 Day. The list price is $295.00.
Students taking the Advanced Outlook course will learn how to customize the Outlook environment, create custom messages, organize and manage mailboxes, create notes and journal entries and several methods of collaboration.
The target student for this course is an individual who wants to know the advanced features of Microsoft Outlook 2013. Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to customize Outlook, learn advanced techniques for organizing their mailbox, and share Outlook content.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Customize the Outlook environment; set general Outlook options; create and use Quick Steps to automate commonly used actions; and create Folder pane shortcuts and customize the Navigation bar
- Customize messages by applying themes, stationery, fonts, and email options; create and use signatures and use electronic business card as a signature; use voting buttons in messages; and use Automatic Replies to set up out-of-office notices
- Use the Rules Wizard to set message rules; manage the mailbox by deleting old and unneeded messages and the contents of automatic folders; compact the mailbox; and archive messages to local files and the archive mailbox
- Create a folder to organize a mailbox; Use Instant Search and advanced searches to search your Inbox, all mail folders, Contacts. Calendar, and Tasks; use filters to find messages that meet certain criteria; and create and use categories to group messages, contacts, appointments, meetings and tasks
- Create notes to save ideas and information for later reference; forward and print notes; and create and edit journal entries
- Share and delegate access to their calendar; share and export contacts with others; subscribe to RSS news feeds; and read articles within a feed
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that students have completed Microsoft Outlook 2013 Level 1 or have equivalent experience.
Courseware Microsoft® Outlook® 2013 Advanced MOS Edition
Lesson 1: Customizing Outlook
- The Outlook environment
- General options and account settings
- Quick Steps
- The Folder pane and Navigation bar
Lesson 2: Customizing messages
- Message appearance
- Voting buttons
- Out-of-office messages
Lesson 3: Mailbox organization and management
- Setting rules
- Managing your mailbox
- Archiving and saving your mail
Lesson 4: Organizing items
- Advanced filters
Lesson 5: Notes and Journals
- Recording information with notes
- Tracking activates with the Journal
Lesson 6: Collaboration
- Sharing your calendar and contacts
- Staying informed with RSS