The duration of this course is 1 Day. The list price is $295.00.
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL 2020 DATES? All future dates are associated with the newly listed Microsoft Access 2019/2016 Part 2: Data Integrity and Advanced Forms, Queries, and Reports. Click here to register.
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Access® 2016 has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, validate data entered into a database, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2016 will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases, performing database maintenance, or creating advanced queries and reports.
Through the completion of this course, you will
- Create and manage an Access 2016 database.
- Design a relational database.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- Validate data entered into a database.
- Use advanced queries to manipulate your data.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
To ensure your success, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft Access Level 1 or possess equivalent knowledge. It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites.
Exams & Certifications
This course prepares students for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Access 2016.
Courseware Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 2 ProCert ExamReady
Lesson 1: Designing a Relational Database
- Relational Database Design
- Create a Table
- Create Table Relationships
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Create Query Joins
- Relate Data Within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 3: Using Data Validation
- Use Field Validation
- Use Form and Record Validation
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Create Parameter Queries
- Summarize Data
- Create Subqueries
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Lesson 5: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Data Normalization
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Lesson 6: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us to learn more.
Register your interest now
|Microsoft Access 2016 Level 3|
|Microsoft Access Programming with VBA|
|Microsoft Access 2016 Level 1|