The duration of this course is 5 Days. The list price is $3,595.00.
The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) v1.0 course will provide you with an understanding of network infrastructure devices, operations and vulnerabilities of the TCP/IP protocol suite, basic information security concepts, common network application operations and attacks, the Windows and Linux operating systems, and the types of data that are used to investigate security incidents.
After completing this course, you will have the basic knowledge that is required to perform the job role of an entry-level cybersecurity analyst in a threat-centric security operations center.
- Security Operations Center – Security Analyst
- Computer/Network Defense Analysts
- Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support Personnel
- Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel.
- Students beginning a career, entering the cybersecurity field.
- Cisco Channel Partners
After completion of this course, students will be able to…
- Describe, compare and identify various network concepts
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Describe and compare fundamental security concepts
- Describe network applications and the security challenges
- Understand basic cryptography principles.
- Understand endpoint attacks, including interpreting log data to identify events in Windows and Linux
- Develop knowledge in security monitoring, including identifying sources and types of data and events
- Know various attack methods, security weaknesses, evasion methods, and remote versus local exploits
- Attendance in CCNAX, OR ICND1 and ICND2, OR have approximate level of knowledge from work experience
- Interest in learning more about Cyber Security
Module 1: TCP/IP and Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson 1: Understanding the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Lesson 2: Understanding the Network Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common TCP/IP Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Network Applications and Endpoint Security
- Lesson 1: Describing Information Security Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Network Applications
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common Network Application Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Windows Operating System Basics
- Lesson 5: Understanding Linux Operating System Basics
- Lesson 6: Understanding Common Endpoint Attacks
- Lesson 7: Understanding Network Security Technologies
- Lesson 8: Understanding Endpoint Security Technologies
Module 3: Security Monitoring and Analysis
- Lesson 1: Describing Security Data Collection
- Lesson 2: Describing Security Event Analysis
- Guided Lab 1: Explore the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Guided Lab 2: Explore the Network Infrastructure
- Guided Lab 3: Explore TCP/IP Attacks
- Guided Lab 4: Explore Cryptographic Technologies
- Guided Lab 5: Explore Network Applications
- Guided Lab 6: Explore Network Application Attacks
- Guided Lab 7: Explore the Windows Operating System
- Guided Lab 8: Explore the Linux Operating System
- Guided Lab 9: Explore Endpoint Attacks
- Guided Lab 10: Explore Network Security Technologies
- Guided Lab 11: Explore Endpoint Security
- Guided Lab 12: Explore Security Data for Analysis
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us to learn more.
Register your interest now