The duration of this course is 2 Days. The list price is $890.00.
Successful project management has always required the training of Project Managers along with the effective use of tools. Microsoft Project Professional coupled with Project Online (or Project Server) offer increased functionality and benefits. Is it challenging to get an up-to-date view of all the projects in your team? Do you want to make sure everyone is focused on the right priorities? Do you manage a large portfolio of projects and want to roll out a structured governance process? Then Microsoft's solution is the right tool and this Microsoft Project Online and Server is the right class.
This course is for anyone:
- That is a Project Manager and has responsibilities for a single or multiple projects and must manage and administrate them within an established environment.
- That is a Project Manager and currently does not manage or administrate projects in an environment but needs to learn to do so.
Students will be able to successfully interact with the environment for their projects. They will be able to effectively leverage the various components to increase project success through increased visibility and project team collaboration.
Students should have
- A basic understanding of PCs and the Windows® client
- A basic understanding of Internet Explorer and basic navigation
- Microsoft Project 2016 Level 1 equivalent knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint® as an end user (not required)
Lesson 1: Getting Started
Lesson 2: Introduction
- What is Microsoft Project Online
- Flow of Project Information
Lesson 3: Using Project Online
Lesson 4: Configuring Project Online Access
- Configuring Project Professional
- Personal Settings
- App Parts & Tiles
- Project Components
- Project Strategy
Lesson 5: Creating and Opening a Project
- Creating an Enterprise Project
- Creating a Project from SharePoint
- Creating a Project from the Project Center
- Importing a Local Project Schedule
- Creating an Enterprise Project from Project Professional
- Additional Project Professional Items
- Opening a Project Online Project
- Building a Project Team
- Working Offline
- Configuring Custom Permissions
Lesson 6: Project to Project Relationships
- Peer-to-Peer Project Linking
Lesson 7: Using Project Online
- Task Updates
- Resource Center
- Project Sites
Lesson 8: Additional Project Online Features
- Status Reports