The duration of this course is 1 Day. The list price is $350.00.
Efficient, effective writing speeds the successful transfer of complex information. In this lively, hands-on seminar, participants gain the skills and confidence to tackle on-the-job technical writing. Participants are invited to send samples of their on-the-job writing for confidential feedback and receive The Writing Center's manual, A Desk Guide to Technical Writing.
Anyone interested in increasing the clarity, precision, and readability of their on-the-job technical emails, reports, procedures, and other technical documents.
- Write clear, precise, readable documents.
- Translate technical language.
- Use active and passive voice to delineate responsibility and emphasize key words.
- Improve flow and make valuable information easily and immediately accessible.
- Streamline the writing process with a powerful, efficient four-step approach to writing.
- Use document power positions to define and communicate the purpose and goal of technical documents. Write email/letters of transmittal and Executive Summaries.
- Present results and recommendations. Call for action.
- Write for executive/management, technical, lay and mixed audiences--readers with varying levels of expertise and experience.
- Improve tone and get results with words.
- Prepare complete, logical, and flexible outlines. Choose the best organizational pattern.
- Position illustrations to complement and clarify the text. Increase the effectiveness of titles and captions.
- Identify and correct the 10 most common errors in technical documents.
Participants are invited to send samples of their on-the-job writing for confidential feedback and receive The Writing Center’s manual, A Desk Guide to Technical Writing.
Exams & Certifications
The Writing Center’s manual, A Desk Guide to Technical Writing, handouts including Feedback Questionnaires and other materials enhance the learning experience.
|Effective Business Communications|
|Editing and Proofreading / Business Grammer|
|Effective Business Writing|