The duration of this course is 2 Days. The list price is $995.00.
This 2-day class is the first course in our exclusive Power BI Using Excel series. In day 1, students will learn everything they need to create highly effective PivotTable and PivotChart reports using data sources that are created using Excel. Topics covered include an overview of the PowerPivot add-in, creating effective and professional reports, creating data driven narratives, effectively applying different chart styles, using data hierarchies, and creating simple custom data calculations.
In day 2 topics covered include how to use the Power View, Power Map, and Power Query add-ins. Students will learn how to use Power View to create highly effective interactive reports using data models created from a variety of data sources. Students will also learn how to build 3D geospatial reports using Power Map as well as how to transform and query data sources using Power Query. Topics covered include creating effective and professional reports, effectively applying new visualization techniques using Power View, creating geospatial Power Map tours, using data transformations to prepare for data modeling, and creating simple custom data calculations.
Report Writers, Data Analysts or anyindividuals whose job responsibilities include complex Excel reports and advanced analytics.
Excel Levels 1 and 2 including PivotTable and Pivot Chart skills plus a basic understanding of database concepts.
1. Introducing Power BI for Excel
- What Is Power BI for Excel?
- Power BI Key Features
- The Self-Service Bi Model
- Power BI in Excel
- Power Pivot Add-In
- Using Power BI
2. Defining a Report
- What is a Power BI Report?
- Defining a Report
- Data-Driven Storytelling
3. Understanding PowerPivot Data
- Understanding Data Terminology
- Diagnosing Data Models
- Data Model Schemas
4. Create Reports using PowerPivot Data
- Making Changes to PowerPivot Data
- Creating PowerPivot PivotTables
- Creating PowerPivot PivotCharts
- Creating Slicers
- Graphing Data
5. Understanding PowerPivot Functions
- Calculated Columns
- What is DAX?
- Understanding DAX Functions
- Common DAX Functions
- Why are Dates Different?
- Understanding Hierarchies
- Dates & Date Functions
1. Introducing Power BI Tools
- Microsoft's Self-Service Power BI Model
- What Is Power BI for Excel
2. Power View for Excel
- What Is Power View?
- Creating Power View Reports
- Power View Interface Components
- Understanding Table Visualizations
- Chart Visualizations
- Power View Tiles, Slicers, & Multiples
3. Power Map/3D Maps for Excel
- What Is 3D Map/Power Map?
- Preparing a 3D Maps/Power Map Tour
- 3D Maps/Power Map Designer
- 3D Maps/Power Map Formatting Tools
- Finalizing a 3D Maps/Power Map Tour
4. BI Data Query Basics
- What Is a BI Data Query?
- Planning a BI Data Query
5. Query Editor Transformations
- Basic Transformations
- Merging & Appending Queries
- Calculated Columns
- Grouping and Summarizing Data
- Unpivoting Data
- Dealing with Malformed Data
- Finalizing Queries
|Microsoft Excel 2016 Level 3|
|Power BI for Excel 2019/2016 Part 2 Data Model Design|
|Crystal Reports 2016 Level 1|
|Power BI for Excel 2019/2016 Part 3 DAX Functions|
|Microsoft Excel 2016 Level 2|