The duration of this course is 2.5 Days.
Services are the main way that organizations create value for themselves and their customers. Almost all services today are IT-enabled, which means there is tremendous benefit for organizations in creating, expanding and improving their IT service management (ITSM) capability.
ITIL provides organizations with a comprehensive framework for ITSM. ITIL 4 brings ITIL up to date by re-shaping much of the established ITSM practices in the wider context of customer experience, value streams, and digital transformation, as well as embracing new ways of working, such as Lean, Agile, and DevOps.
This 16-hour course introduces learners to the management of modern IT-enabled services, provides them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts, and shows them how they can improve their work and the work of their organization with ITIL 4 guidance.
ITIL Foundation training is essential for anyone involved in the internal or external delivery of IT services:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Individuals working in other parts of IT (digital, product, development) with a strong interface to service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
The learning objectives of ITIL 4 Foundation include an understanding of:
- Key concepts of service management
- How value creation is enabled through services
- The ITIL service value system
- The ITIL service value chain
- The four dimensions of service management
- ITIL practices
- The ITIL guiding principles
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- Familiarity with IT and IT services is recommended.
Exams & Certifications
Learners earn their ITIL 4 Foundation certificate in IT Service Management by achieving a passing score (65%) on a 60 minute, 40 question examination. The exam is included with the course seat and facilitated on the third day. (Remote students must schedule their exam independent of the class.)
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents and templates
- The ITIL Lifecycle Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
- Exam Voucher
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about modernizing your organization's approach to IT Service Management.
The ITIL 4 Foundation class includes experiential assignments and GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience® .
Also included are memory exercises and study aids, designed to reinforce key vocabulary and concepts and familiarize learners with the exam question style. They include: fill in the blank, matching, and exam prep questions, along with a '"just-for-fun" crossword puzzle. Some are completed as interactive in-class exercises and some are utilized as homework.
The course covers all the material specified in the ITIL 4 Foundation Exam Specification and prepares attendees to successfully achieve their ITIL 4 Foundation certification.
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now