The duration of this course is 1 Day. The list price is $495.00.
The crux of "getting it right" on any project is the ability to give stakeholders what they need, not necessarily what they ask for. To this end, it is paramount that to have good elicitation skills to be able to drill down to the actual need of the stakeholders. This course helps you develop skills and learn techniques to efficiently and effectively elicit requirements. From preparing for elicitation sessions and creating questions to conducting the session and documenting elicitation results, you will work through all facets of an elicitation framework process. The top six most common elicitation techniques are covered in this course.
This course is designed for business analysts, systems analysts, stakeholders, project managers, and anyone who is involved eliciting requirements and wants to improve their elicitation skills.
- Understand the basics of elicitation and the elicitation process.
- Use a systematic process for eliciting requirements.
- Describe and identify the key elements necessary to plan an elicitation session.
- Learn to develop good questions that can elicit the right information at the right time.
- Understand the essential steps to conducting elicitation sessions, including how to open and close the session.
- Learn how to document and confirm elicitation results.
Participants should have worked on the analysis, development, maintenance, or enhancement of at least one business "solution," such as new or improved software, business processes, services, etc.
Exams & Certifications
Eliciting Requirements conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide version 3.0 of the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis) and assists students preparing for the ECBA exam.
Student Courseware Kit
- Elicitation Overview
- Preparing for Elicitation
- Developing Good Questions
- Conducting, Documenting & Confirming Elicitation Results