The duration of this course is 2 Days. The list price is $890.00.
Project management is a process of organizing, scheduling and managing multiple tasks. Come learn how to use Microsoft® Project® 2013 to effectively assist you with your project planning and management.
Project Managers, Project Coordinators, or Project Schedulers who will use Microsoft Project 2013 to plan and manage their projects effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply project management concepts, start Project 2013, open an existing project file, navigate different views, create and save a new project file.
- Create task relationships by linking, add predecessors and lead time to tasks, view task relationships, add recurring tasks, explore various views and modify the task relationships in it, and use the Task Information dialog box.
- Use the Change Working Time dialog box to create a base calendar for the project, use the resource sheet to create a resource pool, assign resources to tasks, create task calendars, enter resource costs in Resource Sheet view, and use the Cost table in Gantt Chart view.
- Display the critical path and edit effort-driven schedules, and resolve resource conflicts by identifying and adjusting resource over allocation.
- Formatting a project file, printing views and reports
Students should have a basic understanding of the Windows operating system. For example, students should know how to launch an application, and create and save files.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- New features
- The Project 2013 interface
- Additional project items
- Steps for a successful project schedule
Lesson 2: Setting Up the Schedule
- Creating a new project schedule
- Setting the project start date
- Setting the project finish date
- Displaying the project summary task
- Establishing the project calendar
- Saving the project schedule
Lesson 3: Entering Project Tasks
- Task scheduling methods
- Entering project tasks
- Deleting and inactivating tasks
Lesson 4: Linking Tasks
Lesson 5: Resources
- Creating resources
Lesson 6: Task Assignments
- Task assignments
- The scheduling formula
Lesson 7: Schedule Updates
- Schedule updates
- Leveling resources
Lesson 8: Baselining
- Baselining a project schedule
- Updating tasks
Lesson 9: Reporting and Customizing
- Project management communications
- Printing and options