The end of support for Windows Server 2003/R2 on July 14, 2015 could signal the beginning of a new stage in the evolution of your IT organization. You have the opportunity to transform your datacenter and open up a whole new world for your business.
We understand that this End of Support brings complexities, but it also brings wonderful opportunities to transform your datacenter. New advancements since Windows Server 2003 included in Windows Server 2012 R2 as well as Microsoft Azure allows your IT department to upgrade and benefit from one of the many improvement not only with the Operating System, but in the way you can support the business. Don't think of this as a mere lift and shift, but a truly amazing time to reconsider the way you position your business for the future.
With a little over 1 year before this products End of Support, we want to ensure that you have already begun you're planning to migrate your applications off of Windows Server 2003. We want to also ensure that you are aware that your migration destination options not only include Windows Server 2012 R2, but also Microsoft Azure as well as Office 365 for SharePoint and Exchange.
So what happens when Windows Server 2003 support comes to and end?
- Requests for changes to product design or features will no longer be accepted nor accommodated
- Security updates will no longer be provided, exposing your Windows Server 2003 installation to security threats
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) policies will not be met with an operating system that is EOS
- Hotfixes and bug fixes will no longer be provided
- Complimentary support (phone and online) included with the licenses will no longer be provided
- Paid support (e.g. from Microsoft Premier Support) will no longer cover Windows Server 2003 Family of Products
Please do not ‘dismiss’ this notice, as your planning activities are only the
start of your migration; there are numerous complexities that can sideline even
the best migration plans. Starting your planning and migration today is the only
way to ensure that, come July 14th, 2015, your critical applications and
workloads are safely and securely running.
We realize that a datacenter migration can be a daunting task even to the most seasoned IT professionals. No matter where you are with this datacenter migration Springhouse is the smart choice!
Our services that can assist you during this transition include:
- Technical Training for your IT staff on the newest versions of Windows Server
- Change Management to make the transition seamless for your end users
- Technical Consulting to help you gather requirements, plan, and finally deploy
The next question you might be asking is, what will all this cost? Chances are, not as much as you think! Depending on the licensing agreement you have in place with Microsoft you could have access to Software Assurance Training Vouchers and Planning Service Days. Software Assurance Training Vouchers can be used to cover the instructor led training for your IT staff by a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). By utilizing Planning Service Days, you get in-depth planning assistance from qualified Microsoft technicians who can help you whether you are doing an on premise, cloud-based, or hybrid software deployment.
With 25 years of experience, you can rest assured that Springhouse can guide you through the planning and execution of this migration. Get in contact with us today to start the discussion about your datacenter transformation!