Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
All Scheduled Dates are Guaranteed-to-Run!
All of the classes are taught from our Exton facility utilizing High-Definition Instructor Led Training (HD-ILT). What exactly is HD-ILT?
HD-ILT™ is the world’s first distance training system utilizing state-of-the-art, life-size high-definition video & audio combined with patented remote lab access. This unique combination provides students with live training and the same experience as if they were actually in the classroom with the instructor.
Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training (vILT) course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP© Security) certification. This course is designed to prepare network security engineers with the knowledge and skills they need to protect data traversing a public or shared infrastructure such as the Internet by implementing and maintaining Cisco VPN solutions. Students of this course will gain hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting remote access and site-to-site VPN solutions, using Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco IOS routers.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Security Engineers
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP)
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA©) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA©) Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Exams & Certifications
Module 1: Fundamentals of VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- Lesson 1: The Role of VPNs in Network Security
- Lesson 2: VPNs and Cryptography
Module 2: Deploying Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Lesson 2: Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs on the Cisco ASA
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco IOS VTI-Based Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco IOS DMVPNs
Module 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco FlexVPN Solution
- Lesson 2: Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Lesson 3: Deploying Hub-and-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Lesson 4: Deploying Spoke-to-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
Module 4: Deploying Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 1: Clientless SSL VPN Overview
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 3: Deploying Application Access in Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 4: Deploying Advanced Authentication in Clientless SSL VPN
Module 5: Deploying Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Lesson 1 Overview of Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Lesson 2 Deploying Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 3 Deploying Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
- Lesson 5: Deploying Advanced Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting in Cisco
Module 6: Deploying Endpoint Security and Dynamic Access Policies
- Lesson 1: Implementing Host Scan
- Lesson 2: Implementing DAP for SSL VPNs
- Lab 2-1: Implement Site-to-Site Secure Connectivity on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 2-2: Implement Cisco IOS Static VTI Point-to-Point Tunnel
- Lab 2-3: Implement DMVPN
- Lab 3-1: Implement Site-to-Site Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Lab 3-2: Implement Hub-to-Spoke Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS Flex VPN
- Lab 3-3: Implement Spoke-to-Spoke Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS Flex VPN
- Lab 4-1: Implement ASA Basic Clientless SSL VPN
- Lab 4-2: Application Access clientless SSL
- Lab 4-3: Advanced AAA clientless SSL
- Lab 5-1: Implement ASA Basic AnyConnect SSL VPN
- Lab 5-2: Configure Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lab 5-3: Configure Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs on Cisco ASA
- Lab 5-4: Configure Advanced Authentication for Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lab 6-1: Configure Hostscan and DAP for AnyConect SSL VPNs