Resumes Workshop

Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.

 

 

 

 

Overview

Although Woody Allen said “80% of success is showing up,” the other 20% determines who is hired! In the Writing Resumes Workshop, participants review and practice strategies for writing cover letters and resumes that draw hiring managers’ attention to accomplishments and capabilities—that is, strategies that produce interviews. ​​In the workshop, participants apply the writing strategies to enhance their own resumes and receive instructor and peer feedback. Participants also receive worksheets and checklists for in-class and long-time reference.

Intended Audience


At Completion

 Participants explore strategies such as how to:

  • Write a tailored cover letter that highlights key attributes and ensures the resume is read.
  • Use a simple, attractive format that makes the content readable and accessible and that emphasizes key attributes. Organize information logically for the desired position.
  • Use keywords matched to the new position.
  • Age-proof resumes and LinkedIn Profiles.
  • Differentiate themselves. Highlight strengths (multi-faceted experience, knowledge, and skills) with concrete, important nouns and precise, vibrant action words that prove the resume’s claims. Describe impacts; explain the significance of solutions and achievements. Demonstrate a clear career direction and momentum.
  • Select details that matter. Provide evidence of attention to priorities and core values. Cite accolades. Select examples that demonstrate desirable qualities such as innovation, leadership, and organizational skills. Demonstrate attention to their own and to their team’s professional development.
  • Demonstrate, to both expert and non-expert readers, their industry knowledge and specific expertise. Establish credibility and demonstrate a high level of proficiency by using current field-of-expertise- and industry-appropriate language, translated for non-experts.
  • Demonstrate professionalism and build credibility with a clearly written, reader-friendly resume, free of mechanical errors.
  • Tailor and update their resumes ongoing.
  • Write a follow-up thank-you letter that reinforces differentiating attributes and keeps the individual’s name in front of the interviewer.

Prerequisites

​Each participant brings to the workshop a resume draft as well as two or three job descriptions of interest.


Exams & Certifications


Materials


Course Outline

 

 

Resumes Workshophttp://springhouse.com/course-catalog/RESUMES_WORKSHOPResumes Workshop

Get More Information
Name:

Phone:  

Email:  

Comments:

Help us prove you're not a robot:
 

 ‭(Hidden)‬ Catalog-Item Reuse

Microsoft Gold Partner

PMI R.E.P.

The PMI R.E.P. logo is a mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Microsoft Gold CPLS logo is a mark of Microsoft, Inc.

Connect with us

Springhouse Education & Consulting Services

Corporate HQ:Eagleview Corporate Park
707 Eagleview Boulevard
Suite 207
Exton, PA 19341

610-321-3500 - info@springhouse.com