Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Successful project management has always required the training of Project Managers along with the effective use of tools. Microsoft Project has always been a part of successful projects and now, with 2016, it continues to grow and offer increased functionality and benefits. Project 2016 now integrates with Office 365 applications and deployments. Is it challenging to get an up-to-date view of all the projects in your team? Do you want to make sure everyone is focused on the right priorities? Do you manage a large portfolio of projects and want to roll out a structured governance process? Then Microsoft Project Online is the right tool and class for you!
This course is for anyone:
- That is a Project Manager and has responsibilities for a single or multiple projects and must manage and administrate them within an established Project Online environment.
- That is a Project Manager and currently does not manage or administrate projects in a Project Online environment but needs to learn to do so.
Students will be able to successfully interact with the Project Online environment for their projects. They will be able to effectively leverage the various components to increase project success through increased visibility and project team collaboration.
Students should have a basic understanding of PCs and basic navigation such as Windows Explorer, and using Windows 7, Windows 8.x, or Windows 10.
Students should have a basic understanding of Internet Explorer and basic navigation
Springhouse-sponsored Microsoft Project 2016 Level 1 or global equivalent
(Suggested but not required) Springhouse-sponsored Microsoft SharePoint 2016 for End Users
Exams & Certifications
None but module exercises are available
Each student is provided a student workbook
Access to a Project Online environment via a PC is provided by Springhouse or the customer, if provided onsite
Lesson 1 – Getting Started
Lesson 2 – Introduction
- What is Microsoft Project Online?
- Flow of Project Information
Lesson 3 – Using Project Online
Lesson 4 – Configuring Project Online Access
- Configuring Project Professional
- Personal Settings
- App Parts & Tiles
- Project Components
- Project Strategy
Lesson 5 – Creating and Opening a Project
- Creating an Enterprise Project
- Creating a Project From SharePoint
- Creating a Project From the Project Center
- Importing a Local Project Schedule Into Project Online
- Creating an Enterprise Project From Project Professional
- Additional Project Professional Items
- Opening A Project Online Project
- Building A Project Team
- Working Offline
- Configuring Custom Permissions
Lesson 6 – Project to Project Relationships
- Peer-To-Peer Project Linking
Lesson 7 – Using Project Online
- Task Updates
- Resource Center
- Project Sites
Lesson 8 – Additional Project Online Features
- Status Reports
- Delegation of Approvals