Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Prep, PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition at Springhouse is an intensive five-day training course designed to prepare current and future project managers for alignment to and certification by Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI)®. Students taking this course will be prepared for either the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams. Students taking this course will be introduced to the 49 project management processes, 10 knowledge areas, and five process groups defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition. This edition was published in September 2017, and our PMP-credentialed trainers at Springhouse are using this new resource to teach their students.
With the ever-changing environment of project management, project managers need to select the most-appropriate solutions for their work to achieve their objectives. The Springhouse course includes an overview of adaptive or agile project management concepts in addition to the more traditional methods. Providing this comprehensive overview of management concepts is a value add and crucial for today’s project manager.
Interactive group exercises during the Springhouse class help facilitate the students’ retention of classroom acquired knowledge. Following the course, students are challenged to take a practice exam to privately assess their comprehension post instruction and identify where they require further study. A passing score of this sample exam is not necessary for the successful completion of the course.
The completion of this course provides students with 35 contact hours of formal education as mandated by training requirement for the PMP or CAPM exam.
The target student for this class is a project manager beginning to prepare for The PMP® certification exam. It is also valuable to CAPM® exam candidates who are just entering the field of project management or those who have have less experience managing projects.
At completion students will have received:
An introduction to agile project management terms and processes, and how adaptive approaches may be solutions to their project
Education focused on the current PMBOK® Guide as part of their preparation to successfully pass either the PMP® or CAPM® exam
An introduction to the methods and tools contained within the current PMBOK® Guide considered project management best-practices
Various tips and techniques beneficial to preparing and taking the exam(s)
- Project Management Fundamentals (or global equivalent)
- Project Management Essentials (or global equivalent)
Exams & Certifications
Students taking this course will be prepared for either the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential exams.
The completion of this course provides students with 35 contact hours of formal education as mandated by the training requirement for the PMP® exam application.
Each student will receive:
- A copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)-Sixth Edition
- The Agile Practice Guide®
- Head First PMP® student workbook
- Springhouse supplemental material
- Access to:
- Over 1,000 example exam questions
- Online exercises
- Online training videos
- Springhouse flashcards
- Springhouse process training cards
- Module 1: Introduction and Foundational Elements
- Module 2: The Environment In Which Projects Operate
- Module 3: The Role of the Project Manager
- Module 4: Project Integration Management: Getting the job done
- Module 5: Project Scope Management: Doing the right stuff
- Module 6: Project Schedule Management: Getting it done on time
- Module 7: Project Cost Management: Watching the bottom line
- Module 8: Project Quality Management: Getting it done right
- Module 9: Project Human Resource Management: Getting the team together
- Module 10: Project Communications Management: Getting the word out
- Module 11: Project Risk Management: Planning for the unknown
- Module 12: Project Procurement Management: Getting some help
- Module 13: Project Stakeholder Management: Keeping everyone engaged
- Module 14: Project Professional Responsibility: Making good choices
PMI, PMP, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.