Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Prep, PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition at Springhouse is an intensive five-day training course designed to prepare current and future project managers for alignment to and certification by Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI)®. Students taking this course will be prepared for either the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams. Students taking this course will be introduced to the 49 project management processes, 10 knowledge areas, and five process groups defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition. This edition was published in early 2018, and our PMP-credentialed trainers at Springhouse are using this new resource to teach their students.
Through the use of interactive group exercises, it is our belief that students achieve better retention of the knowledge. Students will gain awareness and use of adaptive or agile project management concepts in addition to traditional methods used today. With the ever-changing environment of project management, project managers need to select the most-appropriate solutions for their work in order to achieve their objectives. Providing this added value to the organization is a key fundamental element of a project manager and one taught within the class.
Following the course, students will be challenged to take a practice exam in which the students will be able to privately assess their retention of the information. The results of the exam are not necessary for the successful completion of the course. Rather, with this information, students will be able to assess their weaknesses for further study.
The completion of this course provides students with 35 contact hours for formal education necessary for the training requirement for the PMP or CAPM exam.
The target student for this class is a project manager beginning to prepare for The PMP® certification exam. It is also valuable to CAPM® exam candidates who are just entering the field of project management or those who have have less experience managing projects.
- Students will have received education focused on the current PMBOK® Guide for their preparation to successfully pass The PMP® or CAPM® exam
- Student will have been Introduce to the methods and tools of project management contained within the current PMBOK® Guide
- Students will have received various tips and techniques beneficial to preparing and taking the exam(s).
- Students will have been provided ample opportunities to assess their readiness for the exam with moodule quizes and a sample exam
- Project Management Fundamentals (or global equivalent)
- Project Management Essentials (or global equivalent)
Exams & Certifications
- Students will take several per-module quizzes and exercises
- Students will have access to an online take a day one assessment and end of class exam
- Students will have access to over 1,000 offline exam questions and exercises
Each student will receive:
- A copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)-Sixth Edition
- Agile Practice Guide
- Head First PMP student workbook
- Springhouse supplemental material
- More than 1,000 exampes of exam questions and excercises
- Module 1: Introduction and Foundational Elements
- Module 2: The Environment In Which Projects Operate
- Module 3: The Role of the Project Manager
- Module 4: Project Integration Management: Getting the job done
- Module 5: Project Scope Management: Doing the right stuff
- Module 6: Project Schedule Management: Getting it done on time
- Module 7: Project Cost Management: Watching the bottom line
- Module 8: Project Quality Management: Getting it done right
- Module 9: Project Human Resource Management: Getting the team together
- Module 10: Project Communications Management: Getting the word out
- Module 11: Project Risk Management: Planning for the unknown
- Module 12: Project Procurement Management: Getting some help
- Module 13: Project Stakeholder Management: Keeping everyone engaged
- Module 14: Project Professional Responsibility: Making good choices
- Practice makes perfect: Practice PMP® exam
PMI, PMP, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.