Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Effective instructor-led training starts with deep knowledge of the subject matter and requires thoughtful preparation of the course agenda, content, and materials. Effective trainers employ specific best practices and techniques to accomplish their training goals, convey course content, and engage participants with diverse learning styles. In this half-day workshop, Training Refresher provides the opportunity to review those best practices and techniques and to revitalize your training approach.
Learning and development professionals interested in refreshing and enhancing your training approach to ensure more creative, consistent, high-quality course delivery.
By completing the course, Training Refresher participants will be positioned to:
- Apply strategies and best practices, in your own classes, to create student-focused learning environments that encourage active, engaged participation
- Ensure your students' success by adjusting your training approach to accommodate varying learning environments as well as diverse learning styles and skill levels
- Apply tips/creative approaches—such as how to use an authentic "voice," manage students' expectations, incorporate relevant stories, handle questions, and translate nomenclature—to improve the delivery effectiveness of both in-person and virtual classes
- Enhance the flow of your classes as well as the clarity of your oral instructions for in-class activities
While there is no prerequisite, participants are requested to bring to class the course agenda for a class you are currently presenting as well as two or three training tips to share with other participants.
Exams & Certifications
Each participant receives a booklet capturing the best practices, checklists, standard procedures, templates, and tips explored in class.
1. Training Refresher participants explore the following topics:
- Ten qualities of excellent trainers
- A template for effective instructional presentations including setting the agenda and expectations at the beginning of the training day, transitioning from one training topic to the next, and incorporating Action Plans at the end
- Tips for effective use of handouts, PowerPoint, and other visual aids
- Training Preparation, Training Day, and Delivery Effectiveness Checklists
- Techniques for student-centered, interactive training and for giving positive feedback
- Tips for providing the right level of detail in explanations and for managing questions, including handling questions that are outside the scope of the course objectives/agenda
- Special considerations for adult learners and remote/virtual training
2. Participants write Action Plans to enhance and refresh training delivery