Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Efficient, effective writing speeds the successful transfer of complex information. In this lively, hands-on seminar, participants gain the skills and confidence to tackle on-the-job technical writing. Participants are invited to send samples of their on-the-job writing for confidential feedback and receive The Writing Center's manual,
A Desk Guide to Technical Writing.
Anyone interested in increasing the clarity, precision, and readability of their on-the-job technical emails, reports, procedures, and other technical documents.
Through examples and exercises, participants learn how to:
- Write clear, precise, readable documents.
- Translate technical language.
- Use active and passive voice to delineate responsibility and emphasize key words.
- Improve flow and make valuable information easily and immediately accessible.
- Streamline the writing process with a powerful, efficient four-step approach to writing.
- Use document power positions to define and communicate the purpose and goal of technical documents. Write email/letters of transmittal and Executive Summaries.
- Present results and recommendations. Call for action.
- Write for executive/management, technical, lay and mixed audiences--readers with varying levels of expertise and experience.
- Improve tone and get results with words.
- Prepare complete, logical, and flexible outlines. Choose the best organizational pattern.
- Position illustrations to complement and clarify the text. Increase the effectiveness of titles and captions.
- Identify and correct the 10 most common errors in technical documents.
Participants are invited to send samples of their on-the-job writing for confidential feedback and receive The Writing Center’s manual, A Desk Guide to Technical Writing.
Exams & Certifications
The Writing Center’s manual, A Desk Guide to Technical Writing, handouts
including Feedback Questionnaires and other materials enhance the