Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
In this half-day, interactive workshop, participants learn how to apply their writing skills to more complex (and often longer) technical documents such as formal reports, papers, and proposals.
Individuals ready to take their technical writing skills to the next level.
By comparing the relative effectiveness of case study documents, participants learn how to:
- Create style guides, lists of abbreviations and terms, as well as dynamic templates for frequently written papers and reports
- Apply a "Checklist to Correct 10 Common Errors in Technical Papers and Reports"
- Increase the strength and precision of language and thereby the credibility and authority of the writer, team, and organization
- Demonstrate alignment with the team's/organization's mission and goals
- Evaluate Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to create style guides, lists of abbreviations and terms, as well as dynamic templates/outlines for technical proposals
- Apply a "Checklist for Technical Proposals"
Prior to the workshop, participants are invited to send two samples of their on-the-job writing for confidential feedback. This feedback provides a baseline from which to enhance technical writing skills.
Experience or training in Technical Writing is recommended.
Exams & Certifications
The Writing Center's manual, A Desk Guide to Advanced Technical Writing, including workshop exercises and comprehensive checklists, enhances the learning experience and becomes a valuable desk reference.
See above list of Course Objectives.