Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
The Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance (PCA) course teaches you how to effectively use the Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance product, to manage Cisco Unified Communications. The focus of the course is to provide knowledge about and practice with Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance functions, such as viewing unified communications devices, connectivity, alerts, and events; running diagnostic tests; and monitoring applications, devices, and the service quality of active call streams and completed calls. Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance provides contextual diagnostic tools to facilitate trouble isolation and troubleshooting. It provides alerts and reports on service quality by monitoring active call streams and completed calls. Labs are available to reinforce what is discussed in the lecture.
This course is for Cisco Unified Communications administrators who monitor a Cisco Unified Communications infrastructure device using Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance.
System administrators who manage Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance servers and prepare the network devices for network management services should also take the class.
The following are the primary audience for this course:
- Cisco Unified Communications administrators
- Network administrators
- Cisco Prime Collaboration system administrators
- Cisco Unified Communications system integrators, professional services, and consultants
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Understanding of network management concepts: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), MIBs, and so on)
- Internet web browser usability knowledge
- TCP/IP networking
- Basic Cisco router and switch configuration, including Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) ports and IP servicelevel agreements (SLAs)
- Basic understanding of Cisco Unified Communications architecture
- Basic Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration
Exams & Certifications
- Lesson 1: What Is Unified Communications?
- Lesson 2: Managing Unified Communications
- Lesson 3: Cisco Prime Collaboration Overview
Assuring Serviceability Using Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance
- Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Lesson 2: Inventory Management
- Lesson 3: Monitoring the Cisco Unified Communications Network
- Lesson 4: Fault Management
- Lesson 5: Diagnostic Tests
- Lesson 6: Reports Including Analytics
- Lesson 7: Notification of Faults and Events
- Lesson 8: Fine-Tuning of Polling and Threshold Settings
Assuring Call Quality Using Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance
- Lesson 1: Overview
- Lesson 2: Getting Started
- Lesson 3: Reports