Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to work with the Juniper Contrail software-defined networking (SDN) solution. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of how to use the OpenStack and Contrail Web UIs and APIs to perform the required tasks. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the features of Contrail. This course is based on Contrail Release 2.21..
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in data center, service provider, and enterprise network environments.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define basic SDN principles and functionality.
- Define basic OpenStack principles and functionality.
- Define basic Contrail principles and how they relate to OpenStack.
- List and define the components that make up the Contrail solution.
- Explain where Contrail fits into NFV and SDN.
- Describe the functionality of the Contrail control and data planes.
- Describe Nova Docker support in Contrail.
- Describe extending Contrail cluster with physical routers.
- Understand support for TOR switches and OVSDB.
- Gain an understanding of the OpenStack and Contrail WebUIs.
- Create a tenant project.
- Create and manage virtual networks.
- Create and manage policies.
- Create and assign floating IP addresses.
- Add an image and launch an instance from it.
- Describe how a tenant is created internally.
- Use Contrail's API to configure OpenStack and Contrail.
- Describe service chaining within Contrail.
- Set up a service chain.
- Explain the use of Heat Templates with Contrail.
- Manipulate the WebUI monitoring section.
- Extract key information regarding the Contrail infrastructure.
- Extract key information regarding traffic flows and packet analysis.
- Create various types of filters and queries to generate data.
- Understand Ceilometer support in a Contrail Cloud.
- Perform TTL Configuration for Analytics Data.
- Use various troubleshooting tools for debugging Contrail.
- Basic TCP/IP skills
- General understanding of data center virtualization
- Basic understanding of the Junos operating system
- Attendance of the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Juniper SDN Fundamentals (JSDNF) courses prior to attending this class.
Exams & Certifications
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Contrail Overview
- SDN Overview
- Contrail Overview
Chapter 3: Architecture and Installation
- Contrail Components and Building Blocks
- Contrail Stack
- Deployment Options
Chapter 4: Basic Configuration
- Tenant Creation Walkthrough
- Creating and Managing Projects
- Creating and Managing Virtual Networks
- Image Management in OpenStack
- Implementing Floating IPs
- Configuring with API scripting
- Lab: Basic Tenant Implementation and Management
Chapter 5: Service Chaining
- Service Chaining Overview
- In-Network Service Chain and Configuration
- Transparent Service Chain and Configuration
- Lab: Service Chains
Chapter 6: Contrail Analytics
- Monitor > Infrastructure Workspace
- Monitor > Networking Workspace
- Analyzing Live Traffic
- Flow Queries and Logs
Chapter 7: Troubleshooting
- Contrail CLI Commands
- Fabric Utility Scripts
- OpenStack CLI Usage
- Lab: Performing Analysis and Troubleshooting in Contrail
Appendix A: Installation
- Supported Platforms
- Using Server Manager
- Installing Contrail on VMware ESXi
- Upgrading Contrail Software
- Lab: Installation (optional)