Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
You will create, manage, revise, and distribute documents.
This course is designed for persons who want to gain skills necessary to manage lengthy documents, collaborate with others, and secure documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use Word with other programs.
- collaborate on documents.
- manage document versions.
- add reference marks and notes.
- simplify the use of long documents.
- secure a document.
- create forms.
Students should be able to use Microsoft® Office Word 2010 to create, edit, format, save, and print business documents that contain text, tables, and graphics. Students should also be able to use a Web browser and an email program. In order to understand how Word interacts with other applications in the Microsoft Office System, students should have a basic understanding of how worksheets and presentations work. To ensure your success, you need to first take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Level 2
Exams & Certifications
Lesson 1: Using Microsoft Office Word 2010 with Other Programs
- Topic 1A: Link a Word Document to an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 1B: Send a Document Outline to Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®
- Topic 1C: Send a Document as an Email Message
Lesson 2: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic 2A: Modify User Information
- Topic 2B: Send a Document for Review
- Topic 2C: Review a Document
- Topic 2D: Compare Document Changes
- Topic 2E: Merge Document Changes
- Topic 2F: Review Track Changes and Comments
- Topic 2G: Coauthor a Document
Lesson 3: Managing Document Versions
- Topic 3A: Create a New Document Version
- Topic 3B: Compare Document Versions
- Topic 3C: Merge Document Versions
Lesson 4: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
- Topic 4A: Insert Bookmarks
- Topic 4B: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic 4C: Add Captions
- Topic 4D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic 4E: Add Cross-References
- Topic 4F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Simplifying the Use of Long Documents
- Topic 5A: Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Topic 5B: Insert an Index
- Topic 5C: Insert a Table of Figures
- Topic 5D: Insert a Table of Authorities
- Topic 5E: Insert a Table of Contents
- Topic 5F: Create a Master Document
Lesson 6: Securing a Document
- Topic 6A: Hide Text
- Topic 6B: Remove Personal Information from a Document
- Topic 6C: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic 6D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Topic 6E: Set a Password for a Document
- Topic 6F: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 7: Creating Forms
- Topic 7A: Add Form Fields to a Document
- Topic 7B: Protect a Form
- Topic 7C: Automate a Form