Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
You will customize the Outlook environment, calendar, and mail messages, and will also track, share, assign, and quickly locate various Outlook items.
This course is designed for experienced Outlook users who need to customize their Outlook environment, calendar, and email messages and who wish to track, share, assign, and locate various Outlook items.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- customize message settings.
- organize and locate Outlook messages.
- set calendar options.
- track activities using the Journal.
- assign and track tasks.
- share folder information.
- customize the Outlook environment.
Prospective students should be familiar with using personal computers (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable with the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Before taking this course, it is recommended that students take the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook 2010: Level 1, and understand an Operating System, like Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.
Exams & Certifications
Lesson 1: Customizing Message Options
- Modify Message Settings
- Modify Delivery Options
- Change the Message Format
- Set the Out of Office Notification
- Create a Contact Group
- Insert a Hyperlink
- Create Quick Steps
Lesson 2: Organizing and Locating Messages
- Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
- Find Messages Using Instant Search
- Find Messages Using Multiple Criteria
- Filter Messages
- Organize Messages
- Manage Junk Email
Lesson 3: Setting Calendar Options
- Set Workdays and Time
- Display an Additional Time Zone
- Set Availability Options
- Create Calendar Groups
- Manage Automatic Meeting Responses
Lesson 4: Tracking Activities Using the Journal
- Record a Journal Entry Automatically
- Record a Journal Entry Manually
- Modify a Journal Entry
Lesson 5: Managing Tasks
- Assign a Task
- Reply to a Task Request
- Send a Task Update
- Track Assigned Tasks
Lesson 6: Sharing Folder Information
- Specify Folder Permissions
- Access Another User's Folder
- Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
- Delegate Folder Access to Users
Lesson 7: Customizing the Outlook Environment
- Customize the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the To-Do Bar
- Create a Folder Home Page