Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
In Access 2013 Level 1 students learn the basic skills and concepts needed to use Microsoft Access 2013 productively and efficiently. Topics covered include reviewing the Access 2013 environment, effectively planning databases, creating tables, organizing fields and records, and working with data entry rules. Students will also learn how to create basic queries, and how to work with forms and reports.
This course will help students prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Access 2013 (exam 77-424). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete the Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced courses for Access 2013.
This course is designed for students who wish to learn
the basic operations of the Microsoft Access Database program to perform their
day-to-day responsibilities, and to understand the advantages that using a
relational database program can bring to their business processes. This Level 1
course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include designing and
creating new databases, tables, and relationships; creating and maintaining
records; locating records; and producing reports based on the information in
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of the Microsoft Access 2013 environment.
- Identify the components of a database.
- Organize data in tables.
- Change the design of a table
- Organizing records
- Set field properties
- Set validation rules
- Create and modify queries
- Create forms
- Sort and filter data
To be successful in this course, students should have a basic understanding of the Windows operating system, including how to launch an application and create and save files. Some knowledge of basic database concepts is also helpful.
Exams & Certifications
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access 2013
- Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Identify the Tabs and Commands on the Ribbon
- Obtain Help in Access
Lesson 2: Identifying the Components of a Database
- Define Database Concepts
- Identify the Components of a Database
- Examine the Relational Database Design Process
Lesson 3: Organizing Data in Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify Table Data and Properties
- Create a Table Relationship
Lesson 4: Fields and Records
- Changing the design of a table
- Finding and Editing Records
- Organizing records
Lesson 5: Data Entry rules
- Setting Field Properties
- Working with Input Masks
- Setting Validation Rules
Lesson 6: Basic queries
- Creating and Using Queries
- Modifying Query Results and Queries
- Performing Operations in Queries
Lesson 7: Using Forms
- Creating Forms
- Using Design View
- Sorting and Filtering Records