Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
You will create complex Access databases by structuring existing data, writing advanced queries, working with macros, and performing database maintenance.
This course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Restructure data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- Write advanced queries to analyze and summarize data.
- Create and revise Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 macros.
- Customize reports by using various Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 features.
- Maintain their databases using Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 tools.
To ensure your success, knowledge of basic and intermediate features of Access tables, relationships, and queries, forms, and reports is recommended. The following courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2010: Level 1
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2010: Level 2
Exams & Certifications
Lesson 1: Structuring Existing Data
- Topic 1A: Restructure the Data in a Table
- Topic 1B: Create a Junction Table
- Topic 1C: Improve the Table Structure
Lesson 2: Writing Advanced Queries
- Topic 2A: Create SubQueries
- Topic 2B: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Topic 2C: Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Topic 2D: Summarize Data Using a Crosstab Query
- Topic 2E: Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
Lesson 3: Simplifying Tasks with Macros
- Topic 3A: Create a Macro
- Topic 3B: Attach a Macro
- Topic 3C: Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Topic 3D: Validate Data Using a Macro
- Topic 3E: Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Lesson 4: Creating Effective Reports
- Topic 4A: Include a Chart in a Report
- Topic 4B: Print Data in Columns
- Topic 4C: Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Topic 4D: Publish Reports as PDF
Lesson 5: Maintaining an Access Database
- Topic 5A: Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic 5B: Manage a Database
- Topic 5C: Determine Object Dependency
- Topic 5D: Document a Database
- Topic 5E: Analyze the Performance of a Database