Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
You will improve and customize tables, queries, forms and reports, and share Access data with other applications.
This course is designed for individuals who wish to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft® Office Access® program. The target student may also include individuals whose job responsibilities include creating databases, tables, and relationships, as well as working with and revising intermediate-level queries, forms, and reports. It also introduces them to integrating Access data with other applications such as Microsoft Office Word or Excel.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- create flexible queries to display specified records, allow for user-determined query criteria, and modify data using queries.
- Improve forms.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
- Share data between Access and other applications.
To ensure your success, we recommend that you first take Microsoft® Office Access® 2010 : Level 1, or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
Exams & Certifications
Lesson 1: Controlling Data Entry
- Topic 1A: Constrain Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Topic 1B: Establish Data Entry Formats for Entering Field Values
- Topic 1C: Create a List of Values for a Field
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Topic 2A: Create Query Joins
- Topic 2B: Join Tables with No Common Fields
- Topic 2C: Relate Data Within a Table
Lesson 3: Creating Flexible Queries
- Topic 3A: Set the Select Query Properties
- Topic 3B: Retrieve Records Based on Input Criteria
- Topic 3C: Create Action Queries
Lesson 4: Improving Forms
- Topic 4A: Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Topic 4B: Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Topic 4C: Add a Command Button to a Form
- Topic 4D: Create a Subform
- Topic 4E: Display a Summary of Data in a Form
- Topic 4F: Change the Display of Data Conditionally
Lesson 5: Customizing Reports
- Topic 5A: Organize Report Information
- Topic 5B: Format Reports
- Topic 5C: Control Report Pagination
- Topic 5D: Summarize Report Information
- Topic 5E: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Topic 5F: Create a Mailing Label Report
Lesson 6: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Topic 6A: Import Data into Access
- Topic 6B: Export Data to Text File Formats
- Topic 6C: Export Access Data to Excel
- Topic 6D: Create a Mail Merge