Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
This interactive, participant-driven workshop helps students tackle the next level of proficiency required to become an effective manager of multiple, simultaneous projects, programs, or portfolios. Overall, the skills needed to manage multiple projects, programs, or portfolios successfully are quite similar.
Since many organizations operate with a matrix structure, project managers must focus on completing the project deliverables under the constraints of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and others. A program manager must coordinate a group of related projects to provide the desired benefits to the organization. A portfolio manager must focus on prioritizing a mix of project and programs to achieve the organization’s strategic objectives. This workshop addresses management issues in each of these realms.
In this workshop, participants will explore the challenges facing anyone who manages multiple activities. They will learn techniques for personal time management and for prioritizing activities and projects. They will discover the benefits and uses of a project or program management office (PMO). Participants will develop an understanding of the role of the program manager and portfolio manager.
The workshop is intended for project managers, executives, project sponsors, business strategy professionals, business analysts, subject matter experts, and project team participants.
In this course you will learn to:
- Define projects, programs, and portfolios.
- Determine how projects are strategically link to an organization’s goals.
- Develop skills in personal time management.
- Allocate and apply resources.
- Establish a prioritization process.
- Rank programs based on strategic needs.
- Group related projects as programs.
- Identify the benefits of program management, the PMO, and portfolio management.
- Describe portfolio management processes.
Exams & Certifications
A student Manual and The Standard for Program Management, Third Edition
A Framework for Projects, Programs, and Portfolios
- Projects, Programs, and Portfolios
- Thinking Strategically
Managing Multiple Projects
- Personal Time Management
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Managing Resources
- Controlling Multiple Projects
- Project Prioritization
- Identify All Projects
- Rank Projects
- Evaluate Constraints
- Review and Revise
- Program Management Framework
- Program Strategy Alignment
- Program Benefits Management
- Program Stakeholder Engagement
- Program Governance
- Program Management Office
- Program Management Supporting Processes
- Portfolio Management
- Gather Information
- Assess Resources
- Select Projects
- Review and Revise