Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
The difference between a successful and failed IT Service often lies in the quality of its transition from the development to the production environment. Based on the Service Transition publication of the ITIL core library, this course focuses on the planning, implementing and optimizing of the processes and structure of the Service Transition stage of the IT Service Lifecycle®.
Embedded into this course is an unique virtualization, Living the Lifecycle®. Within a virtual business environment, we introduce a service and then follow it from strategic decision through implementation.
Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging the participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral" real world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
The intended audience is:
- CIOs, CTOs, IT and Business Professionals and Process Owners involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of operation activities within the Service Lifecycle
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Transition stage and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert™ Certification
Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- Service Transition purpose, goals, objectives and principles
- Management and control of all Service Transition activities
- Service Transition related activities around communications, commitment and organizational change
- Organizing Service Transition
- Control and coordination of Service Transition technology related activities
- Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks
Candidates for this course have:
- ITIL Foundation – obtained through ITIL Foundation or Bridge Course
- Prerequisite Certification must be Provided Prior to Class Start
- Recommended: 2 years IT Service Management experience
- A minimum of 21 hours of personal study
Exams & Certifications
Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of eight (8) complex, multiple choice scenario-based questions, leads to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate.
Earn 3 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert™ Certification.
- Three (3) Days Instructor Led Training and Exercise Facilitation (21 Contact Hours)
- Access to pre-course recorded training
- Reviews key ITIL Foundation concepts
- Describes pre-class reading and assignments
- Provides tips for exam preparations
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Study Aids and Sample Exams, Exam Preparation
- Participation in a Unique Series of Case Study-Based Exercises - Living the Lifecycle
- In-Class Examination
NOTE: Learners must bring their own copy of Service Transition to class and have access to the full suite.