Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
The constant barrage of new technologies and ever evolving business requirements demands an updated approach to IT Service Operation.
Based on the Service Operation publication of the ITIL® core library, this three (3) day instructor-led course provides best-practice advice and guidance on all aspects of managing the day-to-day operation of an organization's IT Services. It covers issues relating to the people, processes, technology and relationships necessary to ensure the high-quality, cost-effective provision of IT service necessary to meet - and exceed - business needs.
Embedded into this course is our unique virtualization, Living the Lifecycle® which successfully enables active learning by encouraging the participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral" real world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
The primary audience is:
- CIOs, CTOs, IT and Business Professionals and Process Owners involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of operation activities within the Service Lifecycle
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL® Service Operation stage and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert™ Certification
Upon successful completion students will understand:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operations Principals
- Service Operation Processes
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organizing Service Operation: Functions
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Candidates for this course have:
- ITIL Foundation – obtained through ITIL Foundation or Bridge Course
- Prerequisite Certification must be Provided Prior to Class Start
- 2 years IT Service Management experience
- A minimum of 21 hours of personal study
Note: The Service Operation exam is a very challenging test. Upon registration, learners will be provided a pre-course reading list. Learners will be expected to read the case study and process chapters from the appropriate ITIL book - Service Operation - before the first class date...a minimum 21 hours of personal study.
Exams & Certifications
Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of eight (8) complex, multiple choice scenario-based questions, leads to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate.