Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
This three (3) day instructor-led Service Design course brings the output of Service Strategy to life by designing new or changed services that satisfy business objectives and are secure, resilient and reliable. Based on the Service Design publication of the ITIL® library, our course focuses on the planning, implementing and optimizing of Service Design processes, plans, policies and standards that will be ultimately be used to transition and operate the service in the production environment.
Embedded into the Service Design course is our unique virtualization, Living the Lifecycle®. Within a virtual business environment, as a group, we will introduce a service and then follow it from strategic decision through implementation.
This virtualization successfully enables active learning by encouraging the participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral" real world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
The primary audience is:
- CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle
- Individuals requiring a detailed understanding of the Service Design stage and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL® Master or ITIL Expert™ Certification
Upon successful completion students will understand:
- Management, application and control of all Service Design inputs, outputs, activities and concepts
- Service Design principles and management of processes
- Control and coordination of technology related activities and issues
- Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Candidates for this course have:
- ITIL Foundation – obtained through ITIL Foundation or Bridge Course
- 2 years IT Service Management experience
- A minimum of 21 hours of personal study
Exams & Certifications
ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the Exam. Proof of certification must be provided a minimum 2 weeks prior to the start of class.
- Access to pre-course recorded training
- Reviews key ITIL Foundation concepts
- Describes pre-class reading and assignments
- Provides tips for exam preparations
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Study Aids and Sample Exams, Exam Preparation
- Participation in a Unique Series of Case Study-Based Exercises - Living the Lifecycle
- In-Class Examination
Note: Students must complete the pre-reading assignment and bring their own copy of Service Design to class.