Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Would you buy a product or service that did not include some type of warranty? Have you noticed that if the manufacturer/reseller/service provider doesn't explicitly set the expectations, then you will form them for yourself. It is the same with the customers of your IT services. Either IT clearly sets the expectations, or end-users will develop them on their own.
During the negotiation and acceptance of Service Level Agreements, IT commits that services will meet their customer's requirements for availability, capacity, continuity and security. The (5) five-day ITIL Capability Course - Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) provides the best practice knowledge required to cost-effectively plan, deliver and manage the "warranty" processes to ensure that IT services are fit for use.
Embedded into the course is our unique virtualization, Living the Lifecycle®. Within a virtual business environment, we introduce a service and then follow it from strategic decision through implementation. Living the Lifecycle success-fully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral" real world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
The primary audience is:
- IT/Business Professionals and Process Owners requiring deep role-based knowledge of the PPO processes
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert™ Certification
Upon successful completion students will understand:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Planning, Protection and Optimization Processes ◦ Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM)
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Technology and implementation consideration
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Candidates for this course have:
- ITIL Foundation – obtained through ITIL Foundation or Bridge Course
- ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the Exam. Proof of certification must be provided 2 weeks prior to the start of class
- 2 to 4 years IT Service Management experience
- A minimum of 12 hours of personal study
Exams & Certifications
Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of eight (8) complex, multiple choice, scenario-based questions, leads to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate.
- Access to pre-course recorded training
- Reviews key ITIL Foundation concepts
- Describes pre-class reading and assignments
- Provides tips for exam preparations
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Study Aids and Sample Exams, Exam Preparation
- Participation in a Unique Series of Case Study-Based Exercises - Living the Lifecycle®
- In-Class Examination
Note: Learners must bring their own copy of Service Design to class and have access to the full suite.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of the AXELOS Limited
IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of the AXELOS Limited
The Swirl logo™ is a registered trade mark of the AXELOS Limited
Accredited course material is property of ITSM Academy