Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
DevOps Foundation is a 2-day instructor-led course that provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. With DevOps, your improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy, and operate software and services.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management, particularly those in an enterprise environment
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the concepts involved in interfacing Agile and DevOps
- Individuals who require an understanding of the culture changes associated with adopting DevOps
- Goals, objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices (including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Complete pre-class assignments
- An understanding of IT services and the service lifecycle is recommended
Exams & Certifications
Students are eligible to take an independent Foundation exam, (please call us to to purchase it). Successfully passing the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate.
Note: The exam is web-based only; learners choose the time and place for their exams. A passing score = 65% or better.
The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) Professional Development Units:
ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 14 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps – The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Participation in our in-class GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Access to additional sources of information and communities