Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
This course provides a technical introduction to the fundamentals of Apache Storm and Trident that includes the concepts, terminology, architecture, installation, operation, and management of Storm and Trident. Simple Storm and Trident code excerpts are provided throughout the course. The course also includes an introduction to, and code samples for, Apache Kafka. Apache Kafka is a messaging system that is commonly used in concert with Storm and Trident.
This course is for data architects, data integration architects, technical infrastructure team, and Hadoop administrators or developers who want to understand the fundamentals of Storm and Trident.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize differences between batch and real-time data processing
- Define Storm elements including tuples, streams, spouts, topologies, worker processes, executors, and stream groupings
- Explain Storm architectural components, including Nimbus, Supervisors, and ZooKeeper cluster
- Recognize/interpret Java code for a spout, bolt, or topology
- Identify how to install and configure a Storm cluster
- Identify how to develop and submit a topology to a local or remote distributed cluster
- Recognize and explain the differences between reliable and unreliable Storm operation
- Manage and monitor Storm using the command-line client or browser-based Storm User Interface (UI)
- Define Trident elements including tuples, streams, batches, partitions, topologies, Trident spouts, and operations
- Recognize and interpret the code for Trident operations, including filters, functions, aggregations, merges, and joins
- Recognize and understand Trident repartitioning operations
- Recognize the differences between the different types of Trident state
- Identify how Trident state supports exactly-once processing semantics and idempotent operation
- Recognize the differences in fault tolerance between different types of Trident spouts
- Recognize and interpret the code for Trident state-based operations
No previous Hadoop or programming knowledge is required. Students will need browser access to the Internet.
Exams & Certifications