Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Undeniably, testing is a vitally important component of any successful IT release. Without the knowledge of proper testing, software can – sometimes very publicly – fail, causing unnecessary downtime, loss of customer trust, and decreased revenues, not to mention perception of a company's reliability. However, time-to-market pressures are counter-intuitive to traditional software testing best practices.
With the advent of DevOps and the movement to break down silos between developers, QA, security and operations, it becomes critically important that all members of an IT team – regardless of what tools they use, or role they play – understand the essentials of testing.
The DevOps Test Engineering course specifically addresses testing in a DevOps environment. It describes culture and team aspects for team engineers, test strategies, test infrastructures, test tools, test automation, best practices, test management and analysis. Class culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Test Engineer® Certificate.
In the DevOps Test Engineering (DTE) course, participants experience an inclusive learning environment focusing on the methodology required for a DevOps culture.
- Anyone involved in defining or deploying a DevOps testing strategy
- Quality assurance managers
- Testers and quality assurance teams
- Software engineers and DevOps engineers
- IT managers
- Project managers
- Release managers and delivery staff
- Maintenance and support staff
- Anyone involved in testing tool selection
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevOps testing
- How DevOps testing differs from other types of testing
- The importance all IT roles play within testing
- DevOps testing strategies, test management and results analysis
- DevOps best practices, infrastructure, tools, automation and results analysis
- Strategies for selecting test tools and implementing test automation
- Integration of DevOps testing into Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery workflow
- DevOps Foundation certificate
- Complete pre-class reading assignment
- General knowledge of software quality assurance testing concepts
Exams & Certifications
Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.