Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
The Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Helpdesk Support eLearning course provides Helpdesk representatives with the skills required to effectively troubleshoot and resolve end user issues faster, prevent issues from reoccurring and use the proper consoles during troubleshooting to quickly determine the root cause of user issues within a XenApp or XenDesktop environment. Students will leave class with the ability to complete helpdesk tickets thoroughly, troubleshoot user issues, including interpreting user needs, asking the proper questions to resolve common issues, and applying documentation practices when troubleshooting to ensure a smooth transition when escalation is necessary.
This two-day course is intended for helpdesk representatives that support XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x users.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Complete helpdesk tickets thoroughly with the appropriate documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve XenApp and XenDesktop issues within their scope in a timely manner
- Escalate issues that are out of scope to the appropriate team/individual
- Think strategically and use the proper consoles during troubleshooting to quickly determine the root cause of a problem
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have an understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts, take the free CXD-102 Introduction to Citrix XenDesktop 7 eLearning course and take the free CXA-104 Citrix XenApp 7.6: Overview eLearning course.
Exams & Certifications
Currently, there are no certifications related to this course.
Module 1: Supporting XenApp and XenDesktop as a Helpdesk Representative
- XenApp and XenDesktop Architecture
- XenApp and XenDesktop Infrastructure
- Helpdesk Overview
Module 2: Configuring Citrix Receiver and Using Citrix StoreFront
- Authenticating to a XenApp or XenDesktop Environment
- Understanding Citrix Receiver
- Navigating Receiver
- Troubleshooting Receiver Issues
Module 3: Researching Issues with Citrix Studio
- Delegated Administration
- Working with Machine Catalogs
- Working with Delivery Groups
- Understanding Citrix Policies
- Understanding End-User Profiles
- Troubleshooting Policies
Module 4: Printing in a XenApp and XenDesktop Environment
- Printing Concepts
- Default Printing Behavior
- Provisioning Printers
- Citrix Universal Print Server and Printer Driver
- Troubleshooting End-User Printing Issues
Module 5: Resolving Issues Using Citrix Director
- Citrix Director
- Interacting with an End User
- Resolving Issues for the End User
- Monitoring with the Director Dashboard
- Troubleshooting Director Issues