Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
Are you ready for the coming storm? According to our team of security experts the implementation of IPv6 will likely produce another Wild, Wild West across the internet! The ease at which a hacker can steal your data on an IPv6 environment is, well just scary. Internet protocols are not written with security in mind, they focus on functionality and if we are not aware of the pitfalls of IPv6 we will see the financial loss due to hacking sky rocket, just like the old days before we properly secured IPv4!
Network Administrators, Network Engineers, DataCenter Engineers, Security Engineers, CTO's, CIO's, IT Managers, IT Professionals
Upon completion, the Certified IPv6 Security Specialist candidate will be able to competently take the C)ISS exam.
- Understand the need for IPv6
- Understand the security threats to IPv6
- Understand how to secure your environment for IPv6
- Understand how the other protocols work with IPv6
- Understand how IPv6 works over the internet and the intranet
- Understand Security on Mobile devices related to IPv6
- Walk away with a network design specific to your companies needs that will make implementation secure and simple
- Attendees needs a deep understanding of existing IP protocols such as ICMP, TCP. UDP and others
- Attendees need a working knowledge of existing switching technologies such as Cisco or Juniper
Exams & Certifications
The Certified IPv6 Security Specialist exam is taken online through Mile2's Assessment and Certification System ("MACS"), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.
- Certified IPv6 Security Specialist
Module 1 – Introduction to IPv6 Security
Module 2 – Ipv6 Protocol Security Vulnerabilities
Module 3 – Ipv6 Internet Security
Module 4 – Ipv6 Perimeter Security
Module 5 – Local Network Security
Module 6 – Server and Host Security
Module 7 – Security for IPv6 Mobility