Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
All Scheduled Dates are Guaranteed-to-Run!
All of the classes are taught from our Exton facility utilizing High-Definition Instructor Led Training (HD-ILT). What exactly is HD-ILT?
HD-ILT™ is the world’s first distance training system utilizing state-of-the-art, life-size high-definition video & audio combined with patented remote lab access. This unique combination provides students with live training and the same experience as if they were actually in the classroom with the instructor.
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) prepares you for implementing Cisco Unified Communications solution in a multisite environment. It covers globalized call routing, Cisco Service Advertisement Framework (SAF) and Call Control Discovery (CCD), tail-end hop-off (TEHO), Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), and mobility features such as Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility.
You will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment including TEHO, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure, and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN. You will also enable Call Admission Control (CAC), including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Preconditions and automated alternate routing (AAR).
This course is intended for students who have general knowledge aboutâ€¦
- Network Administrators, Network Engineers, and Systems Engineers
- Anyone who has their CCNA Voice Certification and/or is working towards their CCNP Voice Certification
After completing this course, students will be able to...
- Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements
- Implement call-processing resiliency in remote sites by using Cisco Unified SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in Cisco Unified SRST mode
- Implement bandwidth management and CAC to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN
- Implement Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility
- Describe and implement CCD deployments
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Working knowledge of the MGCP, SIP, and H.323 protocols and their implementation on Cisco IOS gateways
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a single-site environment
- Knowledge attained from attending prerequisite authorized Cisco courses: ICND 1 & ICND 2 or CCNA Bootcamp, ICOMM, CVOICE, and CIPT 1
Exams & Certifications
CIPT 2 is part of the CCNP Voice Certification. Cisco Certified Network Professional Voice (CCNP Voice) validates advance knowledge and skills required to integrate into underlying network architectures. Furthermore, this certification validates a robust set of skills in implementing, operating, configuring, and troubleshooting a converged IP network. With a CCNP Voice certification, a network professional can create a collaboration solution that is transparent, scalable, and manageable. The CCNP Voice focuses on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (formerly Unified CallManager), quality of service (QoS), gateways, gatekeepers, IP phones, voice applications, and utilities on Cisco routers and Cisco Catalyst switches. Additionally, the integration and troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communications applications are now covered in the CCNP Voice, specifically the Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence applications.
Module 1: Multisite Deployment Implementation
- Lesson 1: Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
- Lesson 2: Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
- Lesson 3: Implementing Multisite Connections
- Lesson 4: Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
Module 2: Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy Implementation
- Lesson 1: Examining Remote Site Redundancy Options
- Lesson 2: Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Lesson 3: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
Module 3: Bandwidth Management and CAC Implementation
- Lesson 1: Managing Bandwidth
- Lesson 2: Implementing CAC
Module 4: Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
- Lesson 1: Implementing Device Mobility
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco Extension Mobility
Module 5: Call Control Discovery
- Lesson 1: Implementing SAF and CCD
- Lab 1-1: Implementing Basic Multisite Connections
- Lab 1-2: Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
- Lab 2-1: Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Lab 2-2: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
- Lab 3-1: Implementing Bandwidth Management
- Lab 3-2: Implementing CAC
- Lab 4-1: Implementing Device Mobility
- Lab 4-2: Implementing Cisco Extension Mobility
- Lab 5-1: Implementing Cisco SAF and CCD