Our classes are always live and instructor led from our Exton, PA or EPIC Partner locations. Springhouse AnywhereLive options require Internet Access. Select classes are Guaranteed to Run (GTR). View our complete schedule policies.
BACP02 - Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) and Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) Exam Preparation Course
You should already have extensive experience gathering, documenting, validating and managing requirements, whether your role was as a business analyst, systems analyst, project lead, project manager or subject matter expert or something similar.
Prepare participants to take Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) exam based on the BABOK®v2.0 Edition from the International Institute of Business Analysis. In the evolving world of Business Analysis, there is an increasing demand for effective and experienced Business Analysts who have obtained the IIBA Certified Business Analyst Professional (What makes this course different)?
The course is about you: understanding your learning style, leveraging your professional background, knowledge and experience, identifying those areas where you need to expand and solidify your knowledge, identifying learning and study techniques that work best for you to help you to make the most of your study time, and focus your time and energy where you will benefit most. We use a variety of interactive study methods to immerse you in the
BABOK® Guide, including practice quizzes, small group breakouts, memorization techniques and online research, all facilitated by a professional CBAP-certified instructor who understands how to help you learn best. At the end of every module, you will write a practice test, measure your performance, and identify your study priorities.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Successfully navigate the CBAP/CCBA application process
- Apply to write the exam
- Develop your own personal study plan
- Use the
BABOK Guide® as your primary study tool
- Network with other business analysts who are studying, or who have recently taken the exam
- Apply proven study techniques, and
Identify those areas where you need to study the most
This course is suitable for experienced people who wish to prepare for the CBAP exam. In order to attain CBAP certification, you must meet the standard IIBA certification qualifications listed on the IIBA webpage (under certification).
- Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with the BABOK Guide in the last 10 years for the CBAP exam and 3,750 CCBA exam
- Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or CBAP recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
Exams & Certifications
All participants receive the following:
- Copy of the BABOK® Guide
- Study guide for each knowledge area
- Practice exams (with answers)
- Exam score calculator spreadsheet
- Personal study plantemplate
- Spreadsheet to help with the application to write the exam
- Powerpoint template for flash cards
Develop Your Personal Study Plan
- What is IIBATM Certification?
- Why should you earn a professional certification?
- Benefits for your organization
- Available study resources and how to use them
An overview of the BABOK® Guide
- Describe what you have to do to apply, and to successfully write the exam.
- Understand your learning style
- Develop your study plan, schedule and budget
- Learn how to measure and track your study progress
The Elicitation Knowledge Area
- Introduce the 6 Knowledge Areas, tasks, techniques and underlying competencies
- Start to apply the BABOK® Guide as your primary study reference
- Get familiar with key terms like domain, solution, capability, and requirement
- Understand the roles of key stakeholders in business analysis
- Learn great study tips to the BABOK® Guide
- Learn how to use a combination of elicitation techniques to elicit unstated and implied requirements, and to confirm elicitation results
- Investigate those techniques with which you are least familiar
- Describe the role business analysis plays before a project is initiated
- Apply key concepts like Business Goals and Objectives, and Business Case
Solution Assessment and Validation
- Learn how to use visual models to analyze, document and validate requirements
- Apply key techniques like Prioritization and Backlog Management
- Apply different requirements verification and validation techniques
Requirements Management and Communication Knowledge Area
- Understand how to determine the solution approach
- Apply measurement techniques to aid with benefits realization
- Apply techniques to support the smooth implementation of a solution.
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring Knowledge Area
- Understand how to apply key concepts like traceability and scope control
How To Apply To Write The Exam
- Plan requirements elicitation, documentation and validation on a specific initiative
- Determine the business analysis approach to a plan-driven, or waterfall-type of project, and a change-driven, or iterative (agile) type-of-project
- Describe how to measure and monitor the performance of business analysis work
- Start your application to write the CCBA or CBAP exam, using the spreadsheet provided with this course
- Understand what the IIBA will allow and will not allow as valid BA experience
- Learn how to calculate your eligible hours